At the close of 2020, we took an employee survey to find out how our people feel about the company and the work they do.
- 90% of RealAmerica employees feel their work is meaningful
- 87% of RealAmerica employees feel that the company is headed in the right direction
This year, the written responses to the survey were particularly encouraging, getting at the heart of what makes RealAmerica a great place to work.
What employees like most about working at RealAmerica:
- “The passion that I see that comes from certain departments. It is obvious that they truly care for RealAmerica and the residents.”
- “I love that our work directly helps people and we can provide a home for so many.”
- “I feel like I am doing something worthwhile and meaningful by working in affordable housing. The satisfied residents are the best part.”
What employees see as our biggest strength:
- “Changing the lives of single parent families needing quality housing. I may need a paycheck, but I need to smile at work more, and that mission always puts a smile on my face.”
- “We care about the residents and it shows.”
- “Our ability to build a strong attractive product. We definitely have made a name for ourselves in the public about how nice our properties are.”
What employees have to say about the company culture:
- “I love working for RealAmerica. It really shows if you’re happy in your job by looking at the resident survey’s. Helping people find a home is life changing. I love to go home at the end of the day and know I changed someone’s life that day.”
- “I love working at RealAmerica. It is a challenge every day and I feel like I am really making a positive impact on people’s lives. Thank you for letting me work here!”